This page maps the locations where developers built houses, apartments and communities on Toxic Waste sites and Nuclear contamination waste sites particularly in the San Francisco Bay Area in San Francisco, San Bruno, Pittsburgh, Dublin,and at Mare Island as well as other locations around the world. Why the Bay Region? For some strange reason these developers all have great political connections and they have no qualms about building on toxic waste sites.
The sites is broken down into these pages:
Toxic Waste Sites
There are 224 state listed toxic waste sites in the Bay area, but I will document the ones where builders built housing and schools on these sites.
The Navy Nuked San Francisco
Details the nuclear experiments and their locations where the Navy purposely spread radioactive materials onto streets, yards and buildings on former military bases in order to figure out how to clean a city after a nuclear bomb blast. I read through the declassified reports of the experiments and I will map the locations and when they took place. The current EPA cleanups are reacting to what they find on the ground, they are not looking at the original locations where the experiments took place. It is all documented and was declassified decades ago, so there is no excuse for real estate developers to be putting people on these sites!
Other Nuclear Disasters and accidents
Also I will document other nuclear disasters and their locations:
- Nuclear reactor meltdowns and reactor explosions at Simi Valley, Antarctica, Idaho National Laboratory and in tests at the Nevada Test Site.
- Nuclear missiles that either burned on the launch pad or the rockets blew up over launch sites raining down plutonium onto the launch site
- Locations where atomic and hydrogen bombs either fell out of airplanes or crash locations of nuclear bombers spilling plutonium or Uranium all over the place – for instance the Yuba City crash is not listed on the EPA superfund site even though it was contaminated with plutonium. Note in each case the pilots died to prevent catastrophic results!
- Injecting people with plutonium just to see what happens to them, particularly in San Francisco.
- Setting the safe level of radiation exposure to 0.1 R (Roentgens) per hour which today is considered a nuclear accident.
- Purposely exposing the public to radiation including irradiating schools just to see what happens to them.
Peaceful uses of Nuclear Weapons
The Atomic Energy Commission encouraged the peaceful use of nuclear weapons. The only problem was the radiation so they were trying to figure out how to do it without killing people for thousands of years. They proposed:
- A new Suez Canal – (this was during the Suez Crisis) by exploding a series of hydrogen bombs underground to create a channel across Israel to Aqaba which was stopped when they realized that most of Israel is below sea level.
- A new Panama canal, same method as above but fortunately Panama extended their national borders by 200 miles to prevent it.
- Excavating a new freight train root from Barstow to Los Angeles by detonating 25 hydrogen bombs underground to break up a mountain which was stopped by Mexico. This was to reduce the route of the train by 1 hour of travel time.
- Building new harbors on the Pacific Coast by nuking the coast line but they couldn’t figure out how to do it with out massive radiation.
- Using aggregate from nuclear blasts at the Nevada test site for concrete in Mississippi to build roads, this is when they discovered it was 400 times more radioactive than they thought in the most horrific way to discover their error!
- Drilling for oil and gas
What a mess!
Tracerlab dumping Nuclear Waste At Sea, building looted in Richmond CA
Major Nuclear Site in Richmond CA looted. Never cleaned up and it is within walking distance of the California Department of Public Health which is responsible for cleaning up these precise type of sites! My article on Tracerlab: “Statement of Tracerlab, Inc., On Waste Management Operations by Samuel S. Auchincloss, President, Tracerlab, Inc.” United States.… Read more
UC Berkeley Nuclear Waste and the Oakland Docks Nuclear Waste
If you are building on the University of California Berkeley campus and you find large concrete blocks, don’t break into them, they hold NUCLEAR WASTE! City of Oakland wants to develop the docks that regularly held 500 to 1000 barrels of nuclear waste for disposal at sea. This is the last place you would want… Read more
6 Nuclear sites within walking distance of California Department of Public Health Building, UC Berkeley Richmond and EPA Region 9 Lab
If the State and the Feds cannot look out for its own people how can we rely on them to protect the public? The Califormia Department of Public Health (CDPH) regulates all of the radiological contamination in the State of California. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Building, EPA Region 9 lab and the… Read more
Nuclear Fuel Rods Transported to and from the Port of Richmond CA
GE Nuclear in Vallecitos Nuclear Center in Pleasanton, transported Nuclear Reactor Fuel Rods to Richmond to be sent to France to be processed in their Breeder Reactors and then sent back to GE through the Port of Richmond. To move nuclear materials you have to lay out the route and if you ever have seen… Read more
Tracerlab at 2030 and Berkeley Scientific at 2200 Wright Avenue Richmond CA – Nuclear Devices and testing
Tracerlab processed biological samples from the nuclear tests in Nevada and the Pacific. They were flown in Alameda Naval Air Station and trucked into Tracerlab in Richmond. Tracerlab was the principle contractor to create the Radiological Mobile Laboratory used at the Atomic Tests. They built devices used in radiation work including devices used in nuclear… Read more
Chevron Richmond CA dumping nuclear waste at sea and burying on site
Chevron Richmond dumped radioactive waste directly onsite in Richmond. Chevron dumped nuclear waste into the Pacific and I covered this in the following article and below. Additional Information on the Dumping of Nuclear Waste at sea which includes Chevron designated “CR” in the tables below the Atlantic Ocean sites.
Ocean Transport of Richmond dumped nuclear waste at sea – 1 of 6 Nuclear Weapons sites within walking distance of CDPH building, UC Berkeley Richmond and EPA Region 9 Lab
This article will highlight The Ocean Transport Company 4th Street and Wright Avenue that was one of many companies in the Bay Area that dumped Nuclear Waste at Sea, the others include the US Naval Radiological Defense Lab at Hunters Point Shipyard and Chevron also in Richmond. Note Chemical Weapons were also dumped at Sea… Read more
Asbestos Training Schools for WWII today are still schools and sites of charitable organizations in San Francisco
Support for Families with Children for Disabilities, The San Francisco Pride Office, Aids Legal Referral Project and the National Housing Law Project are at 1633 Mission St. San Francisco whic was one of many vocational schools used to train civilians to wrap pipes on ships with asbestos for the war effort. The site also taught… Read more
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.